We are pleased that you have chosen us to assist in your care. Our facility combines the latest surgical technology with a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. This page is designed to provide as much information as possible and to help answer many of the questions you may have regarding your surgery prior to your visit. If you have a specific concern that is not addressed satisfactorily, please feel free to call Skyway Surgery Center at (530) 230-2000.
Learn what to expect and what measures should be taken before, during and after your surgery:
PREPARING FOR YOUR PROCEDURE
We know you have a choice in selecting where to seek medical care, and we are thrilled to share with you one of the finest facilities and surgical teams in the world.
You are encouraged to complete an online patient questionnaire which can be accessed at www.skywaysurgerycenter.com. Select the ‘Pre-Register’ tab on the homepage. Enter the password ‘SKYSC530NEW’. If you do not have internet access, you will be contacted by a member of our staff to complete this process.
Our facility will call you to confirm your time and details the day prior to your procedure. Please bring a valid picture ID, insurance card, and required payment.
Please carefully follow these instructions in addition to those provided by your doctor. If you have any questions or if something is unclear, please contact us.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure. This includes mints, gum, candy or water.
- You may take your regular heart, blood pressure and stomach medications with a small sip of water on the day of your procedure.
- If you are diabetic, do not take your medication or insulin the day of your procedure unless specifically instructed.
- Do not take any Aspirin or blood thinners 5-7 days prior to your procedure. Also, do not take any NSAIDS, Coumadin, Plavix or anti-inflammatories unless instructed.
- Do not wear any jewelry or contact lenses and please leave your valuables at home.
- Do not consume any alcohol 24 hours before your procedure as this will interfere with anesthesia and may cause bleeding problems.
If you develop a fever, cough or any other medical problem, please contact your physician.
You must have a friend or family member 18 years or older available to drive you home from the surgery center.
THE DAY OF SURGERY
If you are unable to keep your appointment or are delayed, please contact us at 530.230.2000.
Please wear a shirt or top that buttons down the front and has loose fitting sleeves and cuffs.
Upon admission, you will be escorted to our pre-op area where a registered nurse will review your current health status, including any medication you may be taking. Equipment will be used to monitor your heart (EKG), blood pressure, blood oxygen levels and pulse at all times. Blood sugar levels will also be monitored if ordered by your physician. You will be taken to one of our state of the art operating rooms for your procedure. The anesthesia team and/or nurses will make sure you are comfortable during your surgery. Following your surgery and a short recovery period, you will be taken to our discharge area. You will be given instructions from your surgeon for care after your surgery.
AFTER YOUR SURGERY
- You will receive specific written and verbal instructions for care following your surgery.
- DO NOT consume any alcohol for 24 hours following your surgery.
- We will give you call to check on you after your procedure so please make sure we have your most current contact information upon discharge.
- If you develop any problems, please contact your physician or the Skyway Surgery Center at 530.230.2000.
- Please see our website for complete preoperative instructions.